Functions and objectives of the council
- Arrange for the smooth provision of Ayurveda treatment
- Develop the system of use of Ayurvedic medicines
- Determine the qualification of doctors and to register them
- Advice the government on the production, sale and distribution of Ayurvedic medicines.
- Suggest to the government for making arranging research on Ayurveda.
- Recognise appropriate Ayurveda educational institutions in Nepal.
- Determine the curriculum, terms admission and examination system policies and essential infrastructures of educational institutions.
- Recognise the educational qualifications granted on Ayurveda, modern medicine and surgery and paramedics.